OVER 6,000 OF PURIFIED DRINKING WATER - FREE OF BACTERIA, VIRUSES, HEAVY METALS, AND FLUORIDE
BERKEY WATER FILTERS ARE THE GOLD STANDARD IN GRAVITY FED WATER PURIFICATION
Black Berkey® Purification Elements are black filters that sit in the top chamber of a Berkey® System. Simply pour untreated water into the system’s top chamber, and the water is purified as gravity pulls it through the Black Berkey® Purification Elements into the bottom chamber where it is easily dispensed through a handy spigot.
The Gold Standard in Water Purification
Black Berkey® Purification Elements classified as water purifiers because they reduce or remove up to 99.9999999% of pathogenic bacteria and up to 99.999% of viruses, which greatly exceeds the standard. They can purify raw untreated water, removing volatile organic compounds, trihalomethanes, chemicals, herbicides and inorganic minerals. They remove or greatly reduce contaminants like viruses, bacteria, pesticides, PFCs, pharmaceuticals, heavy metals like lead and even radiologicals.
How the Big Berkey® System Fits Your Needs
Consider the amount of water the system’s lower chamber can hold (capacity), and how fast you would like the system to produce purified water per hour (flow rate). There are 7 Berkey® System sizes to choose from. Each system includes 2 Black Berkey® Purification Elements, (Except for the Go Berkey® Kit which comes with one element) providing 6,000 gallons of purification. Each additional set of 2 elements speeds up the purification process and adds 6,000 gallons in lifespan.
- For normal everyday use, this system easily serves: 1-4 people
- Comes with 2 Black Berkey® Purification Element
- Lifespan: 6,000 gallons / 5 years with typical use
- Max elements for the Big Berkey® System: 4 Black Berkey® Purification Element Lower Chamber Storage Capacity: Holds 2.25 gallons of purified water
- Flow rate / production: up to 3.5 gallons per hour*
- System Dimensions: 8.5" diameter x 19.25" height
- Product Weight: 7lbs. (empty)
- Constructed of highly polished AISI 304 stainless steel
Fully configured, this system can serve up to 85-170 people a day, during an emergency
Maximum Filtration Flow Rate:
- Configured with two Black Berkey® Purification Elements, the Big Berkey® system can produce up to 3.5 gallons (13.3 liters) per hour
- Configured with four Black Berkey® Purification Elements, the Big Berkey® system can produce up to 7.0 gallons (26.5 liters) per hour
*Flow rate is calculated with the upper chamber full to top. Flow rate decreases as water level declines.
What is included:
- Upper and lower stainless steel chambers
- 2 Black Berkey® Purification Elements (expandable up to 4)
- 1 stainless steel lid, knob and screw
- 1 spigot, rubber gasket to protect the base
- 2 wing nuts, 2 washers
- 1 priming button
- 2 blocking plugs
*Due to state regulations, we are currently not shipping this product to California or Iowa. If you live in California, please consider our Berkey Light or Travel Berkey models.