6,000 GALLONS OF PURIFIED WATER!
How they work in a Berkey® system:
Black Berkey® Purification Elements sit in the top chamber of the Berkey® system and, powered by gravity, pass purified water through to the bottom chamber, where it is easily dispensed through the handy spigot.
What is included:
- Two 9" Black Berkey® Purification Elements
- 2 washers, 2 wing nuts, and 1 priming button
What you Need to Know:
- Black Berkey® Purification Elements are the leader in gravity-fed water purification, backed by extreme and independent testing
- The Black Berkey® Purification Element formulation has been tested by State and EPA accredited laboratories to exceed NSF/ANSI Standard 53
- Installs in the upper chamber of any Berkey® system. Elements can also be used to upgrade most other gravity-fed water filter systems
- Sold as a set of 2 elements
- Durability: Each Black Berkey® Element is designed to purify approximately 3,000 gallons of water before needing replacement; 2 elements in a Berkey® system will purify approximately 6,000 gallons of water before replacement is recommended
- Re-cleanable and self-sterilizing during the life of the element
- Elements come with a 2-year, prorated warranty
Why are they considered Water Purifiers?
Because they reduce or remove up to 99.999%of pathogenic bacteria and up to 99.999% of viruses, which exceeds the standard for purification. They can purify raw untreated water, removing or greatly reducing volatile organic compounds, trihalomethanes, chemicals, herbicides and inorganic minerals. They also remove or greatly reduce contaminants like viruses, bacteria, pesticides, PFCs, pharmaceuticals, heavy metals like lead and even radiologicals.